Truth time—Self-care is more than bubble baths and facials. When it comes to taking care of your body, vaginal health should be a top priority. There are so many options available on the market to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, from traditional kegels to electro stimulation to weights and other more creative solutions.
So what are the best kegel exercise tools for consumers? To find out, you’ll need to look at each option and examine the effectiveness, safety and amount of time required to see results. Fortunately, we did most of the heavy lifting and compiled the information into this handy guide.
Read on to find out how the products stack up and uncover the best kegel exercise weights for you!
Comparing the Best Kegel Exercise Tools & Devices for Women
We know there are a lot of options out there for women to choose from to support their kegel exercises. We’ve taken a look at the pros and cons of some of the best kegel exercise tools and devices on the market.
Keglebell is the first and one of the best vaginal weights of its kind. This is because the weights are held outside of the body, creating more resistance. This resistance increases effectiveness, meaning women can spend less time exercising for better results than other vaginal tools provide. Plus, this offers a safe and natural path towards a strong pelvic floor.
- Limited time commitment (5 minutes 3 times a week in muscle-building mode, and once a week in maintenance)
- Made with medical-grade ingredients
- Comfortable to use (the bulb is similar in size to a large tampon)
- Fast results (customers see results in two weeks)
- Higher cost ($100)
Biofeedback solutions are among the best kegel exercise tools on the market. They work by providing feedback on muscle contraction pressure through an application or other device. These self-guided training programs support users to help them monitor their progress.
- Provides feedback to the user to inform them about how their muscles are contracting
- Can “gamify” the otherwise tedious exercise
- Higher cost ($150-$250)
- Primarily just an isometric squeeze, no resistance to build muscle
- Requires a phone or other device to complete the workout
- Privacy and data issues with the app
- Electronics need charging and are prone to malfunction and breaking
The electro-stimulation tools for pelvic floor training shock the muscle, creating a contraction. This contraction serves as a controlled kegel that exercises the appropriate muscles to strengthen the pelvic floor.
- Concentrated focus on the pelvic floor
- Painful (depending on the device)
- Expensive ($100-$500)
- Invasive, especially when not an at-home solution
Physical therapy is a one-on-one treatment with someone who is properly trained in pelvic floor dysfunction. Seeing a physical therapist will allow a woman to ask specific questions about their concerns and be examined for any potential problems that might need to be addressed.
- Guided experience and exercises
- The ability to diagnose complex issues
- Limited number of pelvic floor physical therapists in the USA
- Expensive for many
This category includes types of Ben Wa Balls as well as Jade Eggs. They tend to be the most commonly seen on the market due to their low cost. Overall, we don’t recommend these for women looking to strengthen their pelvic floor muscles. Below, learn why these are not the best pelvic floor weights available.
- Made of unregulated metals, coatings, or porous stone that are often toxic or with allergens
- Too big and bulky for advanced muscle training
- Too lightweight for advanced training
- No cord to retrieve them from the body
How Do You Determine the Best Kegel Tool for You?
After reviewing the best pelvic floor weights, physical therapy and other treatments available on the market, it’s important to consider which of the options are best for you. We always recommend seeing a physical therapist if you have any questions or concerns about your pelvic floor health.
The best vaginal weights are affordable, easy to use, safe and effective. Kegelbell checks all those boxes and has brought about . If you’re just getting started with your pelvic floor strengthening journey, Kegelbell is here to help. Kegelbell customers love the fact the device has 16 levels, which means a self-guided workout that you can do in the privacy of your own home! to experience the benefits of a strong pelvic floor.